|Important Dates & Deadlines|
|Abstract submissions open||Monday, December 3, 2012|
|Abstract submission deadline extended to February 1, 11:59 pm EST||Friday, February 1, 2013|
|All abstract presenters must be registered for FOCIS 2013 (or abstract may be withdrawn)||Wednesday, April 3, 2013|
|Late-breaking abstract submission deadline||Monday, April 8, 2013|
|FOCIS 2013||June 27 - June 30, 2013|
View the 2013 Abstract Supplement
There is a $30 non-refundable submission fee per abstract for FOCIS non-member presenting authors. This fee is waived for presenting authors who are FOCIS members. Join FOCIS prior to abstract submission to ensure that your fee is waived. If you submit your abstract prior to joining FOCIS, your abstract fee will not be refunded. Please note: Only the presenting author should submit abstracts.
The FOCIS Scientific Program Committee has sole discretion regarding placement of abstracts within the FOCIS program. Abstracts are considered for either an oral or poster presentation. Please indicate your preference for oral or poster presentation format during online submission.
Presenting authors must submit the abstract and must be prepared to present the abstract at FOCIS 2013 should it be accepted. Posters will not be allowed without an accompanying presenter.
• Posters should fit on a poster board that is 4 feet wide (horizontal) by 4 feet high (vertical).
• Posters MUST be removed from the poster area immediately following your session.
• Posters remaining in the hall after the poster session will be disposed of.
Abstracts accepted for presentation and properly registered by April 3, will be published in PDF format on the FOCIS website.
Changes and Withdrawals
Please review your submission carefully. No revisions, including author information and/or new data, will be accepted after the deadline. Withdrawals of abstracts must be received in writing before April 3, 2013.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is February 1, 2013, 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
All presenting authors MUST submit a completed disclosure form. This policy has been established in cooperation with ACCME guidelines.
FOCIS members, members of any of the FOCIS Member Societies or FOCIS Centers of Excellence, as well as non-members are eligible to submit abstracts.
Graphic elements, such as charts, pictures, etc., may NOT be included in abstract submission and will not be considered.
Abstract submitters who are accepted for a poster presentation at FOCIS 2013 MUST register to attend the meeting by April 3, 2013, for their abstract to be included in the FOCIS 2013 Abstract Supplement and their posters to be scheduled in a poster session. Submitters who are accepted, but do not register will be considered withdrawals, and will not be included in the Scientific Program or online Abstract Supplement.
Each abstract is blinded and peer-reviewed by three members of the Abstract Review Committee.
Travel awards are available to select abstract presenters chosen for presentation at FOCIS 2013. All abstracts are considered for travel awards. The number and amount of the awards is based upon several factors including geographic location, placement of abstract within the FOCIS program and funds available. In 2012, FOCIS awarded more than 50 travel awards.
(1) Foxp3 (Scurfy) Mutation Greatly Accelerates Diabetes in Insulin-specific TCR Transgenic Mice
(2) Jean Jasinski1, Maki Nakayama1, Kelly Johnson1, Liping Yu1, George Eisenbarth1, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Barbara Davis Center, Aurora, CO
(3) Previously we developed and described the development of a transgenic mouse expressing an insulin-specific (ins2 B:9–23) T cell receptor mouse model (BDC12-4.1). This pathogenic model exhibited spontaneous diabetes development on a backcross-1 (FVB×NOD)×NOD background. (Abstract is continued; this is a sample only.)
(1) = Title: Mixed case, no punctuation at end.
(2) = Author Information: In proper author order with all institutional information included.
(3) = Abstract Body: 250 word count, not including abstract title or author information.
**Charts or graphics of any kind may NOT be included in abstract submission. **