Basic Immunology in Medicine
Basic Immunology in Medicine: Update 2016
Tuesday, June 21 prior to FOCIS 2016
Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center
You may add Basic Immunology to your FOCIS 2016 registration or attend the course only. Please choose the appropriate link below.
FOCIS 2016 & Course Course Only
The purpose of the course is to review selected topics in basic immunology, with emphasis on recent advances and issues that are relevant to the pathogenesis and treatment of immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
This course was designed for practicing clinicians, trainees, and individuals in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies who are involved in the development of therapies for immunological diseases.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the major advances in basic immunology that are most relevant to human diseases, and the unresolved issues and future challenges.
- Recognize the fundamental mechanisms underlying immunologic diseases and the commonality among diverse organ specific disease states.
- Identify the basic principles underlying therapeutic modulation of the immune system, and the mechanisms of action of the major classes of immune modulators.
- Critically evaluate the medical literature reporting advances pertinent to immune diseases and immunotherapies.
- Explain the rationale for use of new immunodiagnostic and immunotherapeutic modalities in patients.