Member Society FAQs
How does FOCIS reach out to Member Societies?
- Lists all 55 Member Societies on the FOCIS website with links to their websites when available.
- Lists Member Societies on all promotional materials for the FOCIS Annual Meeting and other initiatives.
- Extends complimentary annual meeting booth space to Member Societies allowing them the opportunity to showcase their organizations’ materials.
- Extends travel grants for Member Society representatives who serve on the FOCIS Steering Committee to attend the annual Steering Committee meeting and participate in scientific sessions.
- Assists Member Societies in hosting complimentary Member Society symposia at FOCIS annual meetings. To submit your proposal, complete the 2018 Member Society Symposium application. Submissions will be accepted through Friday, November 3, 2017.
- Provides Member Societies an opportunity to collaborate with a broad-based group of clinician scientists to educate the community, physicians, trainees and patients in the broad discipline of clinical immunology.
- Extends an ongoing opportunity to list meeting and news on the FOCIS website.
- Provides a discount on individual membership to society members.
Why should my society become a FOCIS Society?
FOCIS does not represent a competing membership organization to its member societies, but a way to bring interested clinician scientists together, enhancing the benefits you provide to your members.
- FOCIS offers CME courses at the FOCIS annual meeting and through other educational programs.
- FOCIS provides members with the opportunity to collaborate with a concentrated group of clinician scientists to educate the community, physicians, trainees and patients in the broad discipline of clinical immunology.
- FOCIS offers travel awards for trainees, fellows, and junior faculty to attend the annual meeting. New investigators receive the opportunity to present their findings in oral presentations and poster presentations.
- FOCIS Member Society members receive discounted registration fees for the FOCIS annual meeting.
- FOCIS Member Societies receive complimentary exhibition booth space at the FOCIS annual meeting.
Member Society Recognition and Promotion
- Member Societies are listed on the FOCIS website with a link to the Society's website.
- Member Societies are listed on all promotional materials for the FOCIS annual meeting and other initiatives.
- Member Societies are members of a federation representing roughly 60,000 clinician scientists, providing a powerful voice for the creation of policy.
- Member Societies are invited to conduct symposia at cost at the FOCIS annual meeting.
What is expected of a FOCIS Society?
FOCIS Society Roles and Responsibilities
- Member Societies must demonstrate interest or involvement in the field of immunology. Permanent and rotating Member Societies are required to appoint a representative to the FOCIS Steering Committee. Steering Committee members are required to attend the annual Steering Committee meeting held in conjunction with the FOCIS annual meeting. Steering Committee members are extended complimentary registration at FOCIS annual meetings, as well as travel reimbursements.
- Member Societies assist with the promotion of the FOCIS annual meeting and FOCIS activities, including access to the Society’s mailing list for FOCIS annual meeting announcements.
- Member Societies provide reciprocal links from their websites to the FOCIS website.
- FOCIS Member Societies membership is renewed annually through the appointment of a representative.
- The Steering Committee acts as a governing body of the FOCIS organization and is responsible for governance matters, annual meeting site selection, abstract review, scientific programming and satellite program development for the FOCIS annual meeting.
- Member Societies contribute to the FOCIS journal, Science Immunology, by submitting at least one article each year.
- Member Societies contribute to the FOCIS ePublication, Translational Immunology Update, by submitting at least one relevant clinical trial each year.